Oats are my new breakfast infatuation, if there is such a thing! I have short attention span when it comes to breakfasts. Which means I have to try new things and shuffle the menu very frequently. And currently, oats have all my attention.
I am not a nutrition guru, so I won’t go yapping about all the goodness. Instead, I can tell you this. It is very versatile, and you don’t have to lift a finger in the morning. Okay, just kidding but you get the gist right. 5 mins of prep before going to bed, and 5 mins to assemble and garnish in the morning, now who would not love that! I do, with all my heart!
Buzzfeed inspired Overnight Oats, Chia and Apple parfait topped with Cinnamon, Honey and Nuts ~ breakfast 60 of #100happybreakfasts ! Honestly, a parfait sounds way more appealing than an oatmeal bowl, doesn't it? 😉😉 A fortnight ago, I would have never said oats taste good but today, its a difference story. ❤❤❤ I have used milk and honey, but feel free to use a non dairy substitute and maple syrup for a #vegan version. Now only if I could get @d.nishit to eat this, I won't have to make two separate breakfasts. That man eats Chia seeds but refuses to touch oats. Let's see how it goes! #overnightoats #overnightchiapudding #oatsparfait #oatsareyum #oatsforbreakfast #chia #oats #breakfastpudding #nocookbreakfast #whatsforbreakfast #whatsonmyplate #nuts #vegetarianbreakfast #breakfastporn #fridgeoats #oatsareyum #vscofood #srujans100happybreakfasts #healthybreakfast #oatsporridge #oatmeal #chiaseeds #healthyfoodporn #foodporn #breakfastforkings #healthyyetdelicious #vscocam #igers #paleo
Recipe: (serves 1)
- 1/2 of a cup of rolled oats,
- 2 tbsp of chia seeds,
- 1 cup of milk, dairy or non-dairy, whichever you prefer,
- 1 tbsp or to taste of honey, use maple or agave syrup if you prefer vegan options
- 1/4 tsp of powdered cinnamon,
- an apple, cut half into large pieces and dice rest in small squares,
- nuts and raisins, to garnish ( optional)
- Mix oats, chia seeds, milk and cinnamon in a small bowl. You can soak chia seeds and oats separately, if you want separate layers of both ingredients. I usually combine both. If you are soaking separately, using 1:1 ratio of milk:oats and 1 tbsp: 1/4th cup ratio for chia seeds:milk. More details here. Leave it overnight in the refrigerator.
- When you are ready to serve, add the sweetener and cinnamon. Give it a good mix.
- Layer the oats, chia and large pieces of apple alternately in a bowl or a glass or a mason jar. Top with finely diced apple and nuts and raisins.
- Serve with some TLC to your own lovely self! 🙂